Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Start of the Truly Rich Journey

Give to be Truly Rich
Corbis Image
I'd like to share one of the most important lesson that I learned from Bro. Bo Sanchez, how to be truly rich.

The  idea of becoming rich first came to me when I read Robert Kiyosaki's book, Cashflow Quadrant. The book basically described the four (4) quadrants in which people get their income from: employment, self-employed, business and investing. All quadrants can make people rich, but it is the business and investing quadrant that offers the fastest way for people to become rich. It requires people though to have financial education to be successful in these two quadrants.

After reading the book, I wanted to become a businessman and an investor so I became obsessed about increasing my financial education, constantly reading and researching about the subject. In my quest to increase my financial knowledge, I came across Bro. Bo Sanchez and the Truly Rich Club. Becoming a member was an easy decision for me to make, because I consider anything that can help increase my financial education is considered a good investment. 

After becoming a member, one of the first thing I learned is how to properly invest in the stock market (Bro. Bo provides a free copy of his book "My Maid Invests In The Stock Market"). But one lesson that I learned from Bro. Bo that really stuck to me is also the title of his club, Truly Rich. 

Becoming truly rich is a lesson that really hits me, because as a devout Catholic, becoming rich is something that is looked upon negatively by most Catholics. Wanting to be rich is seen as being greedy, evil, bad, unholy, and so on. In fact, in our society, most of the rich people are generally considered as greedy and selfish. So If I wanted to be a businessman and an investor means that I have to be bad, greedy and selfish.

But wanting to be rich or wanting to have a lot of money is not really evil or bad. Because money in itself is neutral, what makes it good or bad is how you created that wealth and what you intend to do with it. As Bro. Bo mentions in his talks, God gave us the ability to create wealth (Deuteronomy 8:18) so it means that God provided us with talents that we can use that will enable us to create wealth. 

So what will we do with that wealth?

Bro. Bo also shares in his talks that God gave us the ability to create wealth so that the wealth we created will be used to serve Him and His people; which means that, instead of becoming rich for our own selfish desires, we become rich to serve God and help His people (people who are poor and in need).

After learning that, I looked at becoming rich on a completely different level. Instead of wanting to be rich for my own benefit and comfort, I now wanted to be rich to help my family and other people who may require it. This somehow puts more meaning in my reasons for wanting to be rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment