Sunday, May 25, 2014

Be The Best In Your Field

Photo by Jason Stang
Do you strive to be the best or are you content on being just average? Or even above average?

Friends, most of the successful people are successful because they are considered as one of the best (if not the best) in their respective fields. They are the superstars, the best at what they do or what they offer and generally a cut above the rest.

It's important that you become the best in your chosen career or business if you want to be successful.

Why?

It's because people gravitate towards the best. They are the ones that people usually remembers and hears about. They are also the one that people usually searches for or asks about when they are looking for something reliable and trustworthy.

Being the best will also give you the luxury of having people come to you instead of you coming to or looking for them. 

When I was about to graduate from high school, I was only looking at getting into two schools Ateneo or UP. I choose these schools because they are considered the top 2 schools in the country. I believed that by getting into one of them, I'm already setting myself up for success. I'll be getting top quality education and guidance from one of the top schools so you can see why I'm confident about my success.

I was fortunate to pass and be accepted to enroll in Ateneo. It was unfortunate though that I didn't strive to be the best as well once I'm inside and just settled to be above average. That's even after graduating in one of the best schools, getting a job didn't come easy.

So if you want to be successful in your chosen path, always strive to be the best and don't settle for anything less. After all, if you're just going to be average, why bother doing it at all?

One way to become the best is to be good at solving problems. Every time you solve a problem, people notice you. So the more you solve problems, the more people will notice you. Pretty soon you will be considered as the superstar in your field.

No comments:

Post a Comment