Monday, May 19, 2014

Just Believe

By Karrie Nodalo
Have you already finished writing down your dreams or goals?

If you have good, you can continue reading. If you haven't yet, then I suggest you do it first before you continue reading.

For those who are finished, I'll now be discussing the most important ingredient to really achieving your dreams in life. If you follow this, every goal you set out will most likely be achieved. The topic is belief.

Before you start a project or a business, do you believe that you'd be successful or do you worry about the things that might go wrong?

If you worry about the things that can go wrong, chances are what you're worrying about might happen.

As I mentioned in my last post, our mind is very powerful when it comes to influencing what happens in our life. The more we think or imagine about that we'd fail, we'd experience problems, etc. the more it will likely happen.

Why? Because our subconscious doesn't know what's real or imagined.

Whatever we think about or imagine, our subconscious mind believes it to be real. So every time we imagine that we'd fail on a project or business, we're unconsciously telling our subconscious mind to believe that we'd fail. Our bodies will then act in a way that will make what we imagine a reality.

As a kid, I used to always think about what will go wrong on something (whether it's a project, an outing, etc.) And more often than not, I was right. My mom used to always tell me that I was too pessimistic and that I should try to look at the positive instead of the negative.

Finally following her advice, I started thinking of the positive that will happen. Instead of thinking about what might go wrong on an activity, I just thought about what fun and enjoyment I'd experience. And true enough, that's what I'd get most of the time.

Thinking or imagining the good that will happen is a trait that most successful people have. They visualize themselves saying the right things in a presentation, or making an impact to their audience in their talks. For athletes they imagine making the right play to win the game.

They do this over and over in their head, rehearsing how they would do it so that when the actual performance, presentation or game happens, their subconscious mind has already believed that they will succeed and their bodies will act accordingly.

So if you want to really be successful in your life, imagine with great detail that it is already happening to make your mind and body believe that it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment