Friday, May 23, 2014

Increase Your Self Worth

Photo by Celestine Chua
Do you want to know the secret on how you can increase your income?

You just need to increase your self worth or your value. That is the surest way you can increase your income.

This is also the reason why some people earn more than others, even if they hold the same rank and position. They give their respective companies more value than others.

I remember when I started working, I always believed  that I should be paid a high salary just because I graduated from one of the top universities in the country. I feel I have more value because of this. I was wrong though.

I may have graduated from one of the top universities, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I am more valuable than the other applicants. It's what I bring to the table that will make me more valuable than others. Since I wasn't very active during my college years, I only had the courses that I took and my grades to rely on to show my value. The name of my school may add some value, but its not enough for me to get a job with good high pay at the start.

I did hear some of my batch mates were able to land good paying job after graduating. But most these batch mates were already achievers in college, while others are very active in their organizations and hold high positions. With the credentials and experience they have, they offer more value thus they are able to command high paying jobs.

This goes the same for self-employed and business owners.

Some businesses and self-employed are able to charge higher amount for the products or services that they offer because they provide more value.

So if you want to earn more, you have to increase your value or self worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment