Saturday, June 14, 2014

Use Your Time Wisely

Photo by Corbis
Have you seen the movie In Time?

It's a movie where time is the most important asset that a person has. Starring Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried, the plot of the movie is that time is used as a currency. Whatever it is that you need or want, you pay for it with time. The more time you have, the richer you are. But if time runs out, then you die.

Do you believe that time is important? I believe it is. The movie is an excellent portrayal of how important time is to a person. Although time can be earned there, it does show a good portrayal of how time would affect us if it ever runs out.

Anyway, time is very important to a person. It is something that we cannot get or earn back (unlike money or what is shown in the movie). We cannot say that we made a wrong decision here, let's just reverse time and try again. Once we use it, it is gone.

That's why it is important to make proper use of your time.

Don't waste it in activities that won't help you or any of your loved ones. Like watching too much TV, playing too much video games, gossiping (unless of course they are relevant to your career or business), procrastinating and so on.

Instead use it in activities that can help you like learning a new skill that you can use in your field or networking with people who share the same interest as you do. Or you could use it to rest and relax your body and mind to replenish and re-energize you.

I remember after graduating from college, I told myself that I'll use the time until I reach the age of 25 to just have fun and explore what career path I'll be taking. Once I reach 25 I should know what I want to do already and I should be doing it already.

Looking back, I wish I didn't took that long to figure out what I want and started getting serious earlier. In this way I could have given myself more time to learn and develop the skills needed in order to be successful. I also think that starting earlier, will probably allow me to achieve my goals earlier than my current pace.

But I can't do anything about it now. I just have to move forward and do the best that I can and use my time wisely. 

Successful people always use their time wisely. They spend it in activities that will help them achieve their goals or help develop their skills and talents.

Remember time is valuable, so spend it wisely. Because once you use it, you can never get it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment