Friday, June 6, 2014

Focus On What Is Right Instead Of Focusing On What Is Wrong


Photos by Wavebreak Media Ltd
  • 1+1 = 2
  • 2+2 = 4
  • 3+3 = 5
  • 4+4 = 8
What do you notice about the 4 bullet points above?

I'm sure most of you would say that the third bullet point (3+3=5) is wrong. That is true, but did you also notice that the bullet points above have 3 right answers?

One of the things that most (if not all) people do unconsciously is to focus on what is wrong. They tend to look for the bad thing or the negative or what went wrong in their lives, the people they meet, their relationship, their career or business, and so on. "I live in an old and small house," "my wife doesn't cook for me," "my job is hard," "I made a mistake on a project," and so on.

I am guilty of that as well. One of the reasons why I've changed jobs so often is that I always find something that I don't like in my current job. It could be the company, the policy, the job itself, the people, or whatever negative thing that I see. So I'm always looking for a new job in a new company with new people, to get ahead and increase my salary and also to get away from something that I didn't like.

I never appreciated the benefits or the right things that I was getting at in my jobs. Looking back at all of it now, the positives and the right things always outweigh whatever negative or wrong things I see or experience. I don't regret the choices that I made, because I'm happy where I am right now. However, I probably would have done things differently if everything happened today, with what I know now. At least this can be  reminder for me to be more appreciative and focus on what is right.

Friends, if you want to be truly blessed in your life, then you should focus on the good and right things that has happened or is happening in your life right now. Doing this will give you a more positive outlook in life, thus attracting more good things to happen. Use the negative or wrong things that has happened in your life as a learning experience. See what you could have done differently or how you could have reacted differently. Learn what you can from these wrong things, then move on and don't dwell on them anymore.

If you focus on what is wrong, you'll just attract more of it in your life. But if you focus on what is right, then you'll attract more right things. As Oprah Winfrey puts it, "Be thankful for what you have, you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never have enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment