Sunday, June 15, 2014

Rich And Successful People Should Be Admired, Not Resented

Photo by Corbis
What do you usually feel or think about every time you see someone driving a very expensive car?

Do you say, "wow that person is rich and successful. I wonder what he does? Maybe he can teach me and become my mentor so that I too can be rich and successful like him one day."

Or do you say, "another one of those rich snobs or probably just their driver. Maybe a greedy businessman or a corrupt politician. Life is so unfair, how come they get all the riches. I don't like them."

If you mostly react like the second one, then I'm sorry but I have to tell you that you won't become rich and successful in life. Because if you resent, envy or think that rich and successful people are bad, then it is likely that you wouldn't want to be like them. After all, why would you want to be something that you think is bad?

However, if you admire them like the first reaction, you're more likely to follow and imitate their success and become rich and successful as well. You'd want to learn from them, do what they do and know what they know so that you can be like them and also achieve success in life.

Friends, envying and resenting the rich and successful people won't do you any good. Because your resentment doesn't affect them at all. Heck, the rich guy you're resenting probably doesn't even know that you exist. 

What your resentment does is affect you and what you think. If you resent the rich and successful, then you are conditioning yourself to resent being rich and successful. It's like you are telling yourself don't be rich and successful because you'll be resented as well.

But if you admire them, you'd want to get to know them and learn from them. When you admire the rich and successful people, you condition yourself that being rich and successful is something to be admired about. Which will make you wanting to be rich and successful even more.

I remember feeling envious about people who drive fancy cars. I'm always thinking that their probably just the driver or their parents are the ones who bought that from them so they shouldn't be boastful about it. I'd always feel envious and irritated, even if they're not doing anything wrong. 

But after learning about this, I now just admire them. Thinking to myself that I need to get to know these people so that I can learn from them and also achieve the success that they have achieved.

So the next time you see someone who is rich and successful, don't resent them. Admire them, cheer them, be friends with them and learn from them. If you do this, you are more likely to be rich and successful as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment