Monday, June 30, 2014

Increase your Level Of Acceptance

Photo by Daniel Kulinski
While I was still in college, I dreamed of one day working in a big and stable multinational company and earning at least P100,000 a month.

After graduation, my first job was to work for a big multinational company with a salary of P15,000. Of course I wasn't satisfied with that, so I worked extremely hard in improving myself and in looking for opportunities that can increase my salary.

In just three years, my income jumped from P15,000 - P35,000, more than double of my first salary. I felt really happy about it, I felt as if I had achieved my goals already. After that I lost my drive, I didn't feel hungry anymore to achieve my dream. I'd be happy to earn P100,000, but I sure wasn't driven to reach it.

My income didn't increase since then and after almost 2 years, I left that job and abandoned my dream of earning P100,000 a month in salary, to chase my dream of becoming an entrepreneur and to be financially free.

What do you think is the reason I was able to more than double my salary in just three years, but wasn't able to increase it for almost two years already?

It's because I have already reached my level of acceptance.

Your level of acceptance is actually the level at which you are willing to accept, whatever it is that you are receiving. It's not necessarily the goal or dream that you set out, it is the level where your needs and wants have been met already.

In my case, my goal was to earn P100,000 a month, but  I was willing to accept a salary of P35,000. At P35,000 my needs and wants have already been met, that's why my income stopped there. I was happy with what I was getting and wasn't hungry anymore to chase the dream of earning P100,000 a month in salary.

Of course my dream shifted from working in a multinational company and earning P100,000 a month to becoming an entrepreneur and being financially free, but that's not the point.

My point here is that, you're level of acceptance or what is it that you're willing to accept is what will determine what you will get. You can have a goal of earning P100,000 a month. But if you're willing to accept earning P50,000 a month, then that's what you'll get.

Why? Because you're goals and dreams are fueled by your hunger. The hungrier you are the more you will push yourself to achieve your goals and dreams. But once your hunger is satisfied (your level of acceptance), then you will lose the fuel that will drive you to achieve more.

So if you want to achieve more in life, then you have to increase your level of acceptance. Be hungry, so that you'll have the fuel to drive you to achieve your goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment